This Week’s Gospel Reflection
Sunday, October 11 – Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Written by Fr. Pete Literal, Pastor
Abba, Father in heaven, generous and loving God, we praise You and thank You for Your constant desire to share with us Your eternal banquet. We are awed by Your welcoming love of us. It is always “rich in food and choice wines,” and everyone has a place to celebrate in joy and peace. Your persistence to invite amazes us despite the fact we are not always worthy of You. We thank You for Your never-ceasing desire to share Yourself and Your joy with us. With You and around You, we find our deepest and truest identity – that we are Your children.
Father, today we gather to commit to Your invitation. Please strengthen our faith and accompany us to Your feast. This banquet gives us a glimpse of Your kingdom. Guide us as we now respond with trust that You will always be with us. Some of us are unsure, others respond with duplicity, indifference, or hostile heart. Others are consumed by this world, busy and concerned with many earthly things, that make them unprepared for You. Grant us the grace to remain always encouraged and strengthened by Your patient waiting. We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Sign Up for Mass October 10 & 11
- Click here and then click the “Sign Up” button of the Mass you’d like to attend.
- Select the number of people in your household who will be attending from the drop-down menu.
- If you’re already in the Flocknotes database, the system will recognize you when you click the sign-up button. If not, enter a contact name and email or phone number if prompted.
- Click Submit and close the sign-up window/tab.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation after your sign up is complete. The confirmation email gives you the ability to modify or cancel your registration after you’ve signed up.
Parish Mission Follow-Up Sessions “Unwrapping Your Gifts”
If you weren’t able to participate in the Parish Mission with David Sanborn, we invite you to watch the recordings here. Then, dig deeper into this conversation by attending the follow up sessions, “Unwrapping Your Gifts,” which began on Thursday, October 8.
There’s still time to participate in the October 15 and 22 sessions from 7-8 PM via Zoom.
These 1-hour sessions will provide an opportunity to break open your gifts, discuss ways you can cultivate those gifts, move beyond hesitation to action, and how you can align your gifts to the parish mission and core missionary principles. Click here to take the Gifts Assessment.
What does this really mean? In a small group, you will grow in your relationship with the Holy Spirit and better understand what is wanted from you and for you.
October 15, 7-8 PM – Build Your Gifts for the Community and Parish
October 22, 7-8 PM – Align Your Gifts with the Core Mission of SJE
To register for “Unwrapping Your Gifts,” click here.
Thank You for Helping Feed the Hungry!
Thank you to everyone who donated 91 Our Daily Bread casseroles and more than 300 bags of food for St. Elizabeth of Hungary Food Pantry last weekend .
Our next food collection date for both Our Daily Bread and St. Elizabeth of Hungary Food Pantry will be Sunday, November 1 from 8:30 – 11:30 AM. Drop-off will be located in the parking lot next to the Chapel/Bell Tower.
Disposable casserole pans and recipes are available in the plastic bin in front of the parish office. The recipe may also be downloaded here.
Snapshots from Animal Blessing
Confirmation During 11:30 AM Mass on Sunday, October 11
- Fr. Pete’s Weekly Pastor’s Notes
- Electronic Worship Resources
- This Sunday’s Worship Music
- SJE Virtual Art Exhibit – submit your entries!
- Becoming Catholic
- Treasures in the Hall
- All Souls Novena
- Religious Education Faith Formation News
- Youth Ministry News
- St. John School News
- Mass Intentions
- Prayers for the Sick/Deceased
- Parish History Q & A
- and MORE!