This Week’s Gospel Reflection
Sunday, November 1- Solemnity of All Saints
Written by Colleen Sisolak, Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministry
Father God, You are so wonderful and great that we desire to be more like You! We thank You for Your son Jesus, who allowed us to better know what You ask of Your children and to see that loving others is the best way to show Your face to those we encounter.
This weekend as we celebrate All Saints Day, we are reminded that there are so many men and women who chose to say YES to living a life pleasing to You.
Every one of these Saints was once a sinner, brought into this world like everyone else. They struggled with living in this world, but knowing they were made for Your heavenly Kingdom. We thank You, God, for these examples of unconditional love for You and Your people and we honor all of them.
To read more about the Saints, visit https://www.catholic.org/saints/.
Sign Up for Mass October 31 & November 1
*PLEASE NOTE: Sunday 11:30 AM Mass will now be held indoors as of Sunday, November 1
- Click here and then click the “Sign Up” button of the Mass you’d like to attend.
- Select the number of people in your household who will be attending from the drop-down menu.
- If you’re already in the Flocknotes database, the system will recognize you when you click the sign-up button. If not, enter a contact name and email or phone number if prompted.
- Click Submit and close the sign-up window/tab.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation after your sign up is complete. The confirmation email gives you the ability to modify or cancel your registration after you’ve signed up.
Casserole & Food Pantry Drop-Off November 1, 8:30-11:30 AM
We will be collecting frozen casseroles for Our Daily Bread as well as non-perishable food items for the St. Elizabeth of Hungary Food Pantry on Sunday, November 1 from 8:30-11:30 AM in the parking lot next to the chapel/bell tower.
Volunteers for both efforts will have their cars parked there for the drop-off, and they will remove your donated items from your vehicle. For safety’s sake, please wear a facial mask when dropping off. Please do not bring any items into the narthex or the church hall.
Casserole pans and recipes are available in the bin in front of the parish office. The recipe may also be downloaded here.
We appreciate your donations to help feed those in need!
Veterans Appreciation Mass
First Friday Mass & Holy Hour
Our annual Haiti Weekend is quickly approaching on November 7-8. Unfortunately, because of the pandemic, Father Dessalines will not be able to join us in person, but we plan to show a recorded message at Masses that weekend. Father Dessalines sends heart-felt thanks and appreciation for all of our support – our thoughts and prayers, and our donations. As you can imagine, this brings so much help and hope to their parish, their school and the lives of these very poor and very appreciative people. And, in turn, we receive the benefit of their many prayers for us.
Remember that we provide $6,500 per month in support, and that 100% of your donations goes to this effort. No prayer is too little, and no donation is too small. Just 25 cents provides a hot meal to one of the 1,600 school children who benefit from our daily lunch program. Envelopes will be available in the narthex for your donations. Or you may prefer to send directly to the parish office. Prayers are appreciated 24/7.
St. John School Chik-fil-A Night
“Peace of Mind” Policy for Pilgrimage Trip to Greece & Turkey
Sign up Now for October 2021 Trip
As you may already know, St. John the Evangelist is presenting a special pilgrimage tour next year to celebrate our 200th Anniversary. Many of you may be thinking, “That is the last thing on my mind,” because of the current health situation.
We wanted to encourage you, however, if you’re interested in the trip, but have been holding off on registering, that Collette’s “Peace of Mind” Policy has you covered.
As long as you purchase Collette’s travel insurance:
- You will have the ability 60 days prior to departure date to change your tour/date without a change fee, but subject to new rates.
- You have up to April 7, 2021 to cancel and receive a full refund including insurance
- After April 7, 2021, you have the ability to cancel right up to the day before departure and receive full money back minus cost of insurance.
If insurance not purchased:
- Deposits are non-refundable after April 7 and, after final payment date cancellations will result in escalated penalties
By putting a deposit down to reserve your spot, and purchasing the travel insurance, you can be assured Collette has you covered for all the above scenarios.
If this has helped alleviate your concern, and you would like to register, you can go to: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/1038273
If you have any questions regarding these options, please feel free to call Debbie Carroll at 410-746-7892.