…painter, photographer, quilter, graphic artist, pen & ink drawer, calligrapher, sculptor, knitter, water colorist, poet, musician, floral designer, wood crafter, etc…
You are invited to participate in SJE ART EXHIBITS!
We hope to engage artists, adults and youth, to help celebrate the 200th anniversary of the parish by featuring their God-given talents via various media. First, the Adult Faith/Evangelization Formation Team will sponsor a virtual art exhibit, starting in August 2020 through 2021.
Then, the History Group, with a committee of artists, will schedule an art exhibit and silent auction as one of the SJE Bicentennial events in 2021. The silent auction proceeds will help finance the publication of a parish history book.
The plan, in simple terms: submit your art!
The plan, in detailed steps is:
- Send copies of your original art to Sister Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Scan or take a photo of visual art and send as an image file (JPG, PNG).
- Make a brief video of musical art and send as an MP4 video file (submit on a flash drive if the file is too large to email).
- Send a PDF file of poetry.
- Complete the entry form with your first submission.
- View art at: www.sjehydes.org; invite family and friends to “tour” the virtual art exhibit.
- Reflect upon inspirational quotes that will head up each week’s virtual exhibit, e.g., from Saint Pope John Paul II in a Letter to Artists: None can sense more deeply than you artists, ingenious creators of beauty that you are, something of the pathos with which God at the dawn of creation looked upon the work of his hands.
- Donate some of your art to the silent auction that will be held in 2021.
- Volunteer to serve on the art committee that will organize the exhibit.
All art will be considered for the virtual and actual exhibits. However, artists are encouraged to do at least some art that reflects parish history or usual campus sights—perhaps a sketch of the St. John marble statue in front of the church; a 19th century buggy carrying a family to Mass; a photo of sunset over Long Green valley; a quilt patterned as an SJE stained glass window; a photo of a long-ago wedding; a faith-themed poem; a video of a parishioner-musician playing a traditional hymn. These are just some ideas.
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com.
Peace and all good,
Sr. Carol Czyzewski, FSSJ Pastoral Minister