Position Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Pastor and School Principal
The Business Manager is a professional administrator in support of the Pastor and Principal. This minister is a steward of the physical, financial and personnel resources of the parish and school and enables the other ministries to function effectively. The Business Manager is a person of faith, committed to gospel values and assists the Church and School in fulfilling its mission and purpose.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Performs and supervises day to day accounting duties including financial statement preparation.
· Prepares, administers and reviews budget process, in compliance with Archdiocesan policy and in collaboration with Pastor, Finance committee and Pastoral Council and/or School Board.
· Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures in accordance with industry and Archdiocesan Standards.
· Analyze operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses, provide advice and prepare long-term planning strategies.
· Serves as a resource and liaison to the Finance Committee of the Pastoral Council, the School Board and parish organizations.
· Establishes accountability systems for the collection, banking and withdrawal of parish funds in compliance with Archdiocesan policy.
· Provides parish financial status reports to the pastor and School Principal.
· Collaborate with the Finance and Development Committee to raise funds needed to promote the life and mission of the parish.
· Provide oversight of all parish fundraising efforts, including efforts currently in place and all capital and stewardship campaigns, and engage parishioners in the work, insure proper recording and acknowledgement of gifts.
· Collaborate with the Development committee for the development of Legacy gifts. Help in the education of the parish for bequests. Work to grow the existing parish endowments.
· Collaborate with Archdiocesan Development office to educate parishioners about stewardship to increase sacrificial giving.
· Promote affirmation and encouragement to all those involved or seeking to be involved in volunteerism.
· Supervises major construction, improvement or repair of parish facilities and grounds
· Review Bids and negotiates contracts
· Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance programs for all properties
· Ensures security and safety of property is maintained.
· Participates in the development and implementation of parish personnel policies in collaboration with the pastor and the Archdiocese.
· Administer salary and benefits program
· Coordinates recruitment and selection process for support staff in collaboration with the Pastor and according to Archdiocesan (Human Resources and Office of Child and Youth Protection) policies.
· Supervises designated support staff
· Setting performance standards and monitor performance by developing and implementing evaluation process.
· Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among staff.
· Directs the management of the parish office including scheduling staff, tracking leave balances and insuring adequate coverage for office functions.
· Oversees the operation of the cemetery.
· Oversees operation of parish office equipment, Parish website and all parish membership and Sacramental records.
· Supervises the management of parish and school records
· Administers parish insurance programs
· Attends parish staff meetings and pastoral council meeting.
· Attends job-related Archdiocesan Meetings.
· Maintains good working relationships with the parish community, other parish staff, diocesan personnel, and other groups and authorities.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of the mission of the Catholic Church
· Accounting principles and practices
· Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
· Supervisory experience and excellent interpersonal skills
· Principles of non-profit financial administration, including budgeting, reporting and fundraising.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or Business management
· Minimum of five years of related work experience in a professional business setting encompassing a majority of the major areas of responsibility listed above.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
· Proficiency in Quickbooks.
To be considered for this position, please send your inquiry to email@example.com